Visage announces Visage 7 AI and previews Visage 7.1.14
SAN DIEGO, CA, November 14, 2018 -Visage Imaging, Inc. (“Visage”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Pro Medicus Ltd. (ASX: PME), has announced Visage 7 AI*, our concept of AI based on the core design of Visage 7, and the demonstration of the Visage® 7 Enterprise Imaging Platform at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) 2018 annual meeting (Visage Booth 4721, McCormick Place-South Hall A), November 25–29, in Chicago, Illinois.
Visage has delivered the definitive experience for Enterprise Imaging replacing legacy PACS at some of the world’s largest healthcare institutions spanning academic, community, outpatient and government environments. Visage’s highly differentiated technology and proven fast-track implementation methodology has resulted in implementations performed in less than a quarter the time of industry norms enabling customers to rapidly achieve results. Under the theme of “Proven. Enterprise Imaging,” Visage will present case studies of client return on investment with Visage 7 in the key areas of increased clinical accuracy, improved radiologist and technologist productivity, as well as IT and infrastructure savings.
The current Visage 7.1.12 release will be demonstrated, as well as a preview of capabilities projected for Visage 7.1.14*, with the following highlights:
- Visage 7.1.12. Globally available since July 2018, Visage will spotlight many new features and enhancements in wide clinical use by global Visage customers. A selection of new capabilities include:
- Breast Imaging. Refinement of interpretation workflow for Breast Imaging, further eclipsing the capabilities of dedicated breast imaging workstations. In-Viewer Workflow enhancements include automated quadrant navigation as part of stepped layout navigation, dynamic adaption of priors with missing images/partial studies, improved tissue cropping, and speed. For example, multiple Visage customers were early adopters of digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) and have up to eight years of DBT priors. Visage 7 rapidly displays the current DBT with multiple years of prior DBTs and related prior breast imaging based on Auto-Prior Rules, all on-demand despite the massive size of the datasets.
- Protocols. Further enhancement of hanging protocols (“protocols”), delivering refinements based on our work with leading academic institutions. Also, the ability to use any combination of monitor resolutions in the same protocol to optimize multi-modality workflows. In addition, protocols now include the visual display of content expected in a given image viewport if no images have been found, alerting users that expected images have not been included with the datasets.
- Multi-Phase Cine-Loops. Enhanced navigation of multi-phase cine-loops, allowing the continuous playback of cine, while scrolling through the acquisition phases.
- Visage 7.1.14*. Visage’s comprehensive support for multi-modality enterprise viewing is further enhanced in Visage 7.1.14, including visible light photographs and videos, clinical documentation (such as examination reports or other documents in PDF or other formats), or other types of image data, making it a truly universal image viewing and communication platform that consistently supports radiology images as well as other clinical image data, whether for ophthalmology, OR documentation, or other photographic use cases.
- Visage 7 AI*. Visage has announced Visage 7 AI, our concept of AI that bridges the needs of diagnostic imaging and data science research in the same enterprise imaging platform enabled by the core design of Visage 7 and our unique understanding of market needs. Unlike other solutions that require separate, dedicated viewer(s) to incorporate AI algorithms into diagnostic workflows, Visage 7 AI is an integral part of the Visage 7 platform enabling optimal, fast integration of AI algorithms into existing interpretation workflow without additional viewing applications. Visage 7 AI is an open platform that offers a flexible Python open API for AI, uniquely supporting NIFTI, as well as other research formats. At RSNA 2018, Visage will demonstrate a variety of internally developed algorithms, algorithms from academic institutions and other third-party vendor developed algorithms optimally integrated with smooth In-Viewer Workflow to Visage 7.
“These are exciting times for medical imaging. The changes and new opportunities that are happening now with AI technology are at least as fundamental as the digitization of radiology 30 years ago,“ said Malte Westerhoff, PhD, Visage Imaging Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer. Dr. Westerhoff continued, “We are excited to drive transformation with our proven technology and ideal platform in close partnership with our leading-edge customer base and industry partners.”
Visage will be exhibiting in a new, larger booth at 3,000 square feet with demonstration areas specifically designed to cater to groups of all sizes. To schedule a priority demonstration and/or meeting with Visage at the upcoming RSNA 2018, please visit this link for additional details.
Visit with Visage at RSNA 2018 to see our beautiful, bigger (50′ x 60′), new booth!